AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker not responding

Question asked by dondonfuentes on Nov 25, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2010 by dondonfuentes

Title

Filemaker not responding

Your post

Good Day. I have this problem in my filemaker server 9. It is like, scheduled everyday that the databases will not respond to the clients' request. when someone searches the database, the process bar keeps going and going or the color wheel keeps turning and turning.

It usually happens on times between 10 am-12 pm (Philippines GMT +8). We tried to search for faults on the web and compared all things that are similar with our problem, tried suggested solution, but there have been no positive results. It still goes on almost everyday. Only a restart of the entire server (the machine) is the best option. After a system restart. It all goes back to normal. what seems to be the problem with this server. I'm not an expert at filemaker so I really need your help guys.

Here are some important info about my server:

Mac OS X Server 10.5.7, FMS 9 (this server is totally dedicated to filemaker),Quad Core Intel Xeon, 6GB memory, More than a tera of storage.

Does anyone experience this kind of problem too? If yes, how did you solve this problem? This has been going on for months now. Do I need to buy new hardware or reinstall the FMS 9? Please help me its really urgent.

Outcomes