0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2011 1:16 AM by CihanYasar

FileMaker ODBC Driver does not respect to command timeout parameter

CihanYasar

Title

FileMaker ODBC Driver does not respect to command timeout parameter

Your post

I am using a C# application to access to FM Database served by FM Server Advanced v11.0.3 via ODBC. Necessary ODBC settings is done in the server side. And in the client appropriate FM ODBC Driver(v11.03.81.00) is installed.

As a connection string a DSN, user and password is used. DSN setup is made as described in the ODBC manual of FM server and also logging SQL queries is enabled for queries that takes longer than 1 ms. (i.e. in order to get the execution times of queries in the FM Driver side)

In the application ODBC command timeout property (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.odbc.odbccommand.commandtimeout(v=VS.90).aspx) is set as 2 seconds. However, when connection  was made, and an sql command was executed, timeout property seems not to be respected. That is, even if the command timeout property is set as 2 seconds, there exists no errors when a timeout occurs. Actually timeout does not occur. When log is investigated, there exist queries which take longer than 2000 msec to execute. 

At this moment, I have come to a conclusion that FileMaker ODBC driver is not configured to respect the command timeout value set by the application. Also this situation is same for the connection timeout property. 

If anyone does experience the same situation, could you please share your thoughts and experience ?

Or is there anything that I would be doing wrong?