3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2010 7:18 AM by FluffyBear

Filemaker PHP API changing of PHP

alang66

Title

Filemaker PHP API changing of PHP

Your post

I am using Filemaker 9 server and have implemented a basic PHP interface but it is not currently in full use. On Mac which it is running on Mac OS 10.4 Tiger (not server) I found PHP config to be quite restrictive and have installed PHP 5.2.4 from Entropy. Now the PHP API doesn't seem to be all configured correctly as it was installed on other version. Server says everything is hunky dory but when i go to home.php I just get a blank page. Can't seem to find any info on how to re-connect back up the FM server to PHP. Can anybody help. I would class myself as an intermediate user level.

• 1. Re: Filemaker PHP API changing of PHP
          FluffyBear
             Do you have errors turned on or logged to see what specific line in the API kit or error is showing up?  Also do a phpinfo() to check you are running the correct php.
          • 2. Re: Filemaker PHP API changing of PHP
            alang66
               I don't know if errors are logged, it was late friday when I did the PHP switchover so I ran out of time to look into it. No errors are returning when I open the home.php that I had built previously but it shows a blank window only. I couldn't find much info on the requirements of the PHP for Filemaker API or any info for getting it to work. I have done phpinfo() but have nothing to check it to. I need pointing in right direction for where to get this info. The httpd.conf still has lines in it pointing to the Filemaker API but obviously all the PHP binaries are in a different place now. Do I need to change anything else is what I need to know and are there any PHP functions that specifically need to be ON for Filemaker API that may not be on in Entropy's PHP build.
            • 3. Re: Filemaker PHP API changing of PHP
              FluffyBear

Usually blank page indicate that a php critical error occured and the engine can not continue processing, thus it exit and return to you a blank.  This is usually with a error that tell ya where things break down.  On production server, error is usually turned off.  If you're debugging, you need to turn them back on to see which line or why your thing is not working.

Do a <?php phpinfo(); ?> and find which php.ini file the engine is using.  Go to that file, edit it error reporting section, set reporting level and turn display error to on. 

The requirement to the run the API shouldn't be significant,  mostly what it does it request an XML file from the web publishing engine, parses that XML file, and then return that information to you via the API.  Unless you know what error it's generating, I wouldn't think it need many PHP modules to work.