7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2009 3:33 PM by dataWolf

Filemaker Server 10 Admin Panel won't start

Listerious

Title

Filemaker Server 10 Admin Panel won't start

Your post

I recently installed filemaker server 10 on a Mac OS 10.5 Server,

all done and well but when the admin panel tries to start nothing happens.

I've  been around a lot of forums all saying a file admin_console_webstart.jnlp 

should download to the default download folder.

I think the problem lies there, because the admin_console_webstart.jnlp file is nowhere to be found,

not @ the download folder or anywhere else on the server.

I'm running out of possible things to do and would love to finally find an answer to this problem.

Any help will be much appreciated

Kind regards 

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Admin Panel won't start
          TSGal

Listerious:

Thank you for your post.

After FileMaker Server 10 has been installed, launch Safari (or browser of your choice) and enter:

http://<IP address of host machine>:16000

The Admin Console Start Page should appear.

Click "Start Admin Console".  The admin_console_webstart.jnlp file should then download to your machine.  You should then be able to proceed from there.

Please let me know if you continue to run into any difficulty.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Admin Panel won't start
            Listerious

When i enter the url you stated,

i get a 404 - page not found

In the post above i forgot to mention this server is running his own webserver simultaniously,

which i think might interfere, however this webserver runs on the default port(80).

And the url you've given me asks for 16000 which is open (firewall disabled)

and is free(it's not being used by any other applications).

Maybe this gives you some what more to go on?

Any help is much appreciated and i thank you for taking the time to help me out

Kind regards 

• 3. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Admin Panel won't start
              Victor

i am having the issue with fm 9 server admin console crash on me. i am doing on mac running mac os leopard with the latest version of java. i try to do it in window but once i login and try to look around, it will crash. i hope someone from filemaker can give us some idea on what is going on. i been through help files online but they don't help on what they recommend to do.

vic

• 4. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Admin Panel won't start
                mrvodka
                   Make sure that your java version is no higher than Java 6 Update 7.
                • 5. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Admin Panel won't start
                  TSGal

Listerious:

Thank you for the information.  It appears FileMaker Server was not fully deployed.  Did you encounter any errors when running through the installation?  Did any step appear differently than what was shown in Chapter 1 of the "FileMaker Server 10 Getting Started Guide"?  Does your machine meet the minimum system requirements found in the Preface?

If everything is fine, then turn off the other web server software and see if there is an issue. 

Any additional information you can provide may be helpful in determining possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 6. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Admin Panel won't start
                    dataWolf
                       The problem of course with staying with a lower OS is that if I contact Apple with any problems they say "Ensure you are using the most recent version of the operating system."
                    • 7. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Admin Panel won't start
                      dataWolf

oops sorry this is in response to a different thread of this issue

I have AdminPanel work 0 out of 10 times now that i have upgraded to OS10.5