1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2009 10:09 AM by TSGal

Filemaker Server 10 Install - Can not Start

brianbranco

Title

Filemaker Server 10 Install - Can not Start

Your post

I have an issue with a new installation of Filemaker (trial version).  On a Windows 2003 server, I get this message:

Unable to launch the application when trying to launch the admin panel - Java 6 was installed

CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: C:\Documents and Settings\administrator.HASKELL\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\LNE8SAD4\admin_console_init_webstart[1].jnlp] at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I put it on another server and it works, but I need it on the primary system.

I found some articles related to this on the knowledge base, but the suggesions did not work.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Install - Can not Start
          TSGal

brianbranco:

Thank you for your post.

The admin_console_init_webstart.jnlp file should have been placed in the folder:

Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads

I'm not sure why your error is referenceing the Temporary Internet Files folder.  On your second machine, you will see the file in the proper location.

Try uninstalling FileMaker Server, remove any references to admin_console_init_webstart.jnlp, and reinstall FileMaker Server.  Go through the deployment and try again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.