1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2010 12:17 PM by TSGal

Filemaker Server 11 kicking me off

ijontichy

Title

Filemaker Server 11 kicking me off

Your post

Recently purchased FMS Server 11 and installed it on a MacPro running OS X Server.    Previously, my database was hosted on a mac mini (FMS 10).

Now, when I log in to a single database, I'm fine.  But if I try to log into a 2nd database hosted on the same server, I get kicked off (too many users have this license--not true.)

Any suggestions?   Any configuration I should change on the server?

I will add that I recently restored my laptop (on which I use FMP10) from a time machine backup--could this be making the server think that I have a new install of an existing serial number?    Somehow I cannot think that this is the case.

Thank you in advance for any help---this forum has been great to me in the past.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server 11 kicking me off
          TSGal

pirxx:

Thank you for your post.

Is it any 2nd database, or is it a particular database file?  Are there any other users accessing hosted files?  Are any files set up for ODBC?  Instant Web Publishing?  Custom Web Publishing?  Does the Event.log file provide any clues?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker Server 11.  Deploy the server and make sure everything is running correctly.  Access the hosted files again.

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.