2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2011 3:23 PM by oakhamschool

FileMaker Server 11 php v.slow

oakhamschool

Title

FileMaker Server 11 php v.slow

Your post

Hi Guys,

After much delibration, we decided to upgrade our FileMaker Server A 9 installation to the now FileMaker Server A 11. We run a multitude of things like ODBC, IWP, PHP etc on this server. I've tested IWP on this setup and that seems really quick as expected like our FMSA 9 installation. I've tried the PHP installation and that works, but it is dead slow to do any requests on the server. Is there something I can do within my settings to speed the thing up.....

We're using FileMaker Server Advanced on a Windows Server 2008 box using IIS - so we're within FileMakers minimum spec - although I know the servers got good spec. Is there something I can do in IIS to share the speed between lightening fast IWP and slowwwww CWP. 

Cheers

Jalz

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server 11 php v.slow
          AndrewSpringman

Just installed FMS11 and I'm seeing the same thing.  It takes 5 seconds to connect to the layout and 5 seconds to do a find.

I have some redesign I can do, but there was a significant change in performance just due to the server change, so there must be a configuration consideration I'm missing.

Jalz, did you ever figure anything out?

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server 11 php v.slow
            oakhamschool

Hi Andrew, unfortunately couldn't pinpoint the problem. I have since moved away from that server which was slow onto another server and things are rapid - the server specs are identical however the number of files hosted on server 1 were more than that of server 2. I still think FileMaker PHP web publishing is slow compared the SQL equivalents which is a damn shame