2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2014 3:42 AM by iancook

FileMaker Server 13 - How to Start Web Server when stopped?

Title

FileMaker Server 13 - How to Start Web Server when stopped?

Your post

We've been seeing an issue with two clients using FileMaker 13 Server where the Web Server becomes disabled. These servers work great for a while then usually after a restart, the Web Server becomes disabled.

The ONLY way we can fix it is to uninstall FMS and then reinstall.

Is there a way to start the server without reinstalling FMS?

Via Twitter, Andrew Duncan suggested running this via Terminal: sudo launchctl start com.filemaker.fms    Would that do the trick? I can't test it as we've already uninstalled and reinstalled...

Is FileMaker Server using it's own apache or using the OS apache?

Thanks, Hal

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server 13 - How to Start Web Server when stopped?
          Markus Schneider

FM server comes with its own instance of apache. The terminal-sequence should work (there is another posting here around). But in general, FMS and its components shouldn't go 'disabeled'

What OS version? RAM?

In the past, re-defining the server did also work, no install

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server 13 - How to Start Web Server when stopped?
            iancook

We had the same issue with FMS13 as you Hal, It ran OK for a while and then WPE started playing up. At first we could just restart web publishing using the on/off button on the status page, but then that stopped working and not even a full restart would fix. So I did a complete re-install and a day later it happened again so we downgraded to FMS12.0v6 on 10.9.1 Mavericks. That caused problems too with a really unstable WPE so last night I downgraded further to FMS 12.0v5 on 10.8 and have finally found some stability (Fingers crossed)

I would agree with Markus that FMS13 is best left unmodified. We used to run a custom PHP site on the same server but FMS13 forced us to split the Filemaker Server out from the Web server. In hindsight this was a good move as during the 'troubles' I did not have to touch the web server. 

Hope this helps

Ian