3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2014 5:03 AM by Markus Schneider

Filemaker Server 13 - WebDirect

markskm

Title

Filemaker Server 13 - WebDirect

Your post

Hi,

I can access my database via the browser on the host computer but when I use the same url on a browser not connected to the network I can't. Everything seems to be set up okay just not too sure what I'm missing.

Any ideas?

Mark

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server 13 - WebDirect
          Markus Schneider

'not connected to the network' - You can't use WD without beeing connected (I guess, You don't mean that You're not connected..)

-> for more information about connecting: FM13 WebDirect guide, page 28/29 (Charpter 4)

(manuals available under downloads on the FMI website)

• 2. Re: Filemaker Server 13 - WebDirect
            markskm

Hi Marcus,

The problem I have is that I've opened up Port 5003 on our router using my Network IP address of 192.168.1.79. When I test to see if Port 5003 is open using this IP address it comes back with an message saying it isn't. If I use my Macs IP address of 86.155.194.213 it says it's open. 

My Filemaker Server is set to 192.168.1.79.

If I enter 192.168.1.79/fmi/webd in my browser on the Mac in my office that's running FilemakerServer I can see the database. If I then use my Mac at home and type in 192.168.1.79/fmi/webd I get nothing. So I thought about entering 86.155.194.213/fmi/webd as this is the IP address that is open on my router but the same thing - nothing.

Regards

Mark

• 3. Re: Filemaker Server 13 - WebDirect
              Markus Schneider

5003 is the port for fmnet, not webd

webd runs over port 80 (if not https). Is there a portforwarding on the router?

here is a link with some details:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12541/~/filemaker-server-13.0v1-release-notes