2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2014 2:27 AM by jo@syn

Filemaker Server 13.02v security issue

jo@syn

Title

Filemaker Server 13.02v security issue

Your post

We have just updated to FMS 13.02v and uploaded 2 new files from my PC.   These files had full access on my PC but now both files require log in details on the server and have inserted my PC name as the account name.   This is not an account listed in our filemaker security and therefore has no associated password.  I  can enter the files through a 'sales' account name but this is limited access and will not allow me to change the password.

Should I delete the files from the Server and try again but why does the PC name appear in the account name ?

Help

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server 13.02v security issue

Jo Turner:

Thank you for the post.

"why does the PC name appear in the account name ?"

Please review the screenshot on the left below. 

Edit > Preferences > General tab has an option for "User name:" and the value in this field will populate in the "Account Name" field when prompted for authentication. 

"now both files require log in details on the server"

Please review the screenshot on the right below. 

File > File Options… has a setting for "When opening this file - Log in using:" and new files are setup like the screenshot below by default. 

If the box is unchecked, then the user will be prompted for an Account and Password.

Even if the box is unchecked, as long as the Admin account name and password were not changed, then Admin without a password will still log into the file with the default [FULL ACCESS] account.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Server 13.02v security issue
            jo@syn

Thank you so much - problem solved

JT