AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Server 13.0v2 update - seems to abort during installation

Question asked by MikeMcintyre on May 6, 2014
Latest reply on May 7, 2014 by MikeMcintyre

Title

FileMaker Server 13.0v2 update - seems to abort during installation

Your post

After the initial window about extracting files, I saw the following message in a popup window:

Uninstalling Application Request Routing 2.5...

After a minute or so, that window was replaced by one that said the following:

Installing Application Request Routing 3.0...

After three minutes or so (didn't time it exactly), that window disappeared and then nothing else happened - no error message, no confirmation of update installation completion, nothing.

I restarted the FileMaker Server service, and I can still connect to our database on the server, but I can no longer connect to the server via the admin console (my Chrome browser reports, "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.").

My guess is that the update installation is aborting prematurely, and that most of the update has not been applied.

When I try to reinstall the update, I get the same result except that the uninstall of ARR 2.5 does not occur.

Any thoughts on what's wrong and/or what I need to do in order to install the update correctly (and get admin console back)?

Oh, and I was updating from 13.0v1a.

Outcomes