1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 5, 2010 1:59 PM by TSGal

Filemaker Server 8

holms002

Title

Filemaker Server 8

Your post

The server on which we host our FM databases has crashed. I've managed to copy over all the databases from the original server to another server, and I've installed FM Server 8 onto this second server. The snap-in is up and running on the second server, and the databases are listed on there. However, when I try to open any of the databases from a client PC, all the file references are still pointing to the original server, and I can't find a way of pointing them to the new one. I've tried to edit the file references via a client machine and also via FM Developer on the server, but each time I find that the 'files aren't being shared'. All permissions on the network are set correctly as far as I'm aware.

Anyone, any ideas, please?

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server 8
          TSGal

holms002:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

It sounds like FileMaker Server 8 is still running on the original machine.  Close the databases and the server on the original machine.  Now, if FileMaker Server 8 was set up properly on the new machine, make sure it is running.  You should then be able to see the files when a client selects "Open Remote" from the File menu.

If you are still having difficulty, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.