3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 11:27 AM by mk2000

Filemaker server advance 10 IWP access problem.

Title

Filemaker server advance 10 IWP access problem.

Your post

HI ,

I am a newbie and i am sure its a tiny simple click that i am missing :) I set up a server  with filemaker server advance 10. Its up and running. I can accessto database  in my home network with 192.168.1.1/..... numbers.  with fmp7 extentions i can access to my database from internet. With different ip address in allover city filemaker pro 10. So i know I have no problem accessing  with pro versions.The only problem which is very important for me, i cant access my IWP from the web.

here is the info what i have

*Filemaker Server 10

*Filemaker pro 10

*Windows 2003 server

-------------------------------------

*all the database open and normal and checked for IWP

*On Router 80 and 591 and 8080 ports open

*I can access in my network 192.168.1.116/fmi/iwp  but no access <my ip address>/fmi/iwp outside of my network

*People can access to my network  with filemaker pro

*On server IWP enabled

So whats the problem that i can access to my server  with filemaker pro but i cant access with IWP to my server?

Please  help !!!!!!

• 1. Re: Filemaker server advance 10 IWP access problem.
          StevenDaniel

Is your server configured with a public IP addres or are you using NAT (Network Address Translation) to connect your server's local IP address to a public IP address?

Check the website config either in IIS (or Filemaker server IWP info) and make sure that the IP address matches the public (not private/LAN) IP address.

• 2. Re: Filemaker server advance 10 IWP access problem.

not sure how to check that if my server configured with a public IP address or not ? :(

But my filemaker server ip address is showing 192.168.1.116

thru web ,i can access  filemakerserver 10  with my ip adress        http://<my ip address>:16000/

• 3. Re: Filemaker server advance 10 IWP access problem.

hello all
              finally i found the problem. I should do that at the very begining. CALLING my internet provider. I dont know if its same in USA but in canada they block all 80 and 591 port numbers who has residential internet access. That way they force you to use static business account with more money . Thats why People werent being able to access to my IWP database only but accessing my filemaker pro database because they use different port :) I hope this information will help others.
              thanks for your help