7 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2014 1:08 PM by GaryKarasik

Filemaker Server Advanced 11 uninstall messed up SBS 2008 Web Services

ErikPeterson7308

Title

Filemaker Server Advanced 11 uninstall messed up SBS 2008 Web Services

Your post

Hello everyone,

I have a situation where I had a worker / Master setup.  We switched worker machines from Server 2003 to our new box server 2008.  The master was our SBS 2008 box.  I could not get the master to find the new worker so I uninstalled FM Server from the SBS 2008 box.  During this process it hung so I canceled the uninstall.  Then Restarted the server.  I then tried to uninstall FM Server which completed successfully.  This is where things got messed up in IIS7 related services on SBS 2008.  Initially I was not aware of anything not functioning properly so I reinstalled FM Server, applied the java update patch, and configured FM server.  Thought all was fine until our emails stopped on our cell phones.

Checked the server and found RPC over HTTP, companyweb (sharepoint), http://connect, Outlook Web Access, Windows Update Services, etc would not work.  There are numerous event ID's for each of these.  I went through the event logs and here are the first few logs that I found when things first "broke".  

Now the log files start to show error 2280 - IIS-W3svc-WP - The Module  DLL C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\isapi.dll failed to load.  The data is  the error.  (This error occurs over and over.)

Then error 2999 Starts with MSExchange Common Error - Watson report  about to be sent to dw20.exe for process id: 9200, with parameters: E12,  c-RTL-AMD64, 08.03.0083.006, M.E.ServiceHost,  M.E.RPCOverHTTPAutoconfig, M.E.S.R.Servicelet.UpdateLonghornIISSettings,  System.NotSupportedException, 33b6, 08.03.0083.000.   ErrorReportingEnabled: False

Then the MSExchange RPC over HTTP Autoconfig error shows up.  2003 -  The RPC over HTTP Proxy component is not installed or is not configured  correctly. Use the Windows Component Wizard to add the RPC over HTTP  Proxy component to the Networking Services.

There are many more but these are the first few errors.  Hopefully this is the most relevant.  If needed I can list all the others. 

I don't know what the filemaker uninstall process does but something got messed up in the IIS part of SBS 2008.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

UPDATE:

Ok I now did a complete reinstall of my SBS 2008 box.  Got everything  fully updated and setup.  Everything is fine on the SBS 2008 box.   Install Filemaker server 11 advanced.  Run the setup of FMS11 and it  will not let me connect to IIS.  Returned a -0.  Read the forums and  googled for a while and found either I have to reinstall IIS or  reinstall FMS11Advanced.  So again I uninstall FMS and .... again it  brakes my SBS 2008 box's web services.  All of them .... again.  WOW not  happy.  

I don't understand what the problem is as FMS was running on my  sbs2008 box before and the worker was a server 2003 box.  All I wanted  to do is move the worker to a server 2008 box.  Now I can't even get FMS  to install properly without breaking my SBS2008 box.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server Advanced 11 uninstall messed up SBS 2008 Web Services

Erik Peterson7308:

Thanks for posting.

Sharepoint and FileMaker Server Web Publishing use some of the same resources and will conflict with each other. In order to use Web Publishing on a Server 2008 Small Business Server, you'll need to first uninstall Sharepoint before installing FileMaker Server. This is documented in knowledge base answer #7941:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7941

It's also important to note that we highly recommend using a dedicated machine for FileMaker Server, even in a multiple machine deployment.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Server Advanced 11 uninstall messed up SBS 2008 Web Services
            ErikPeterson7308

TSBear,

Thanks for the reply!  I did more research and found out that FMS has issues with sharepoint like you said.  I have SBS2008 Advanced server so I have a second license for server 2008 standard with the sbs license.  What I ended up doing is having FMS11Advanced installed totally on that machine.  This is working great now.  So my SBS2008 is on its own box and FMS is on the second server2008 box. 

I will say this.  I had FMS11A working fine with sharepoint for a long time.  My first setup was this and it worked.  Main box SBS2008.  Second Box windows server 2003.  I had Filemaker server 11 advanced setup in a master-worker relationship.  The master part was on SBS2008 and the worker part was on windows server 2003.  This setup did not break any of the functions of sbs2008.  Sharepoint, RRW, HTTP over RPC, etc worked fine along side FMS11Advanced (Master part) on the SBS2008 box. 

My trouble was when I moved the worker machine to server2008 from server2003.  Thats when it broke my sbs2008 machine.  Many reinstalls and headaches later I finally gave up on the master-worker server setup of sbs2008 and server2008.

Also previously I had SBS2003 and I had FMS8Advanced with IWP working fine with  all the sbs services on the same machine with a little persuasion.  It even had two NIC's.  So that senario is possible.

I hope this information helps others in my situation.

Good luck.

FMI, please fix these issue if you can.  A lot of small businesses use your software and a lot of small businesses use SBS server.  It only seems natural that your server software should work along side windows small business server without issues.  Also the multiple NIC issue with Filemaker server is a pain as well.  Once you know what to do its ok to work around but almost every server sold has mutiple NIC's installed.

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Filemaker Server Advanced 11 uninstall messed up SBS 2008 Web Services
              PeterFerraressl

I installed FileMaker Server 11 on an otherwise working configuration of Windows SBS 2011 - mistake #1, Filemaker doesn't support SBS (although I ran it on SBS 2003)  I also ran the wizard to configure internet publishing - mistake #2.  I don't know ehat I was thinking.

This messed up all the web based services, Remote. OWA, etc.  Exchange 2010 console wouldn't open either.  Filemaker refused to help unravel what their software messed up, because it's not a supported config.  Here is what 10hrs of pain concluded:

1.  Uninstalled Filemaker Server 11, and all related software.  Restarted.  This didn't help at all.

2.  Got HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error, 0x80070021 when accessing services locally.  All microsoft documents where dead-ends.

3.  Reset ASP. 

a. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

b. %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

This got the remote web working, and the exchange console back up!  I still had issues with OWA thoug...

4.  I was now getting a HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found when accessing OWA.  I performed the following:

a. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

b.  Type the following command to disable the 32-bit mode:

cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 0

c.  Type the following command to install the version of ASP.NET 2.0 and to install the script maps at the IIS root and under:

%SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i 

d.  Make sure that the status of ASP.NET version 2.0.50727 is set to Allowed in IIS manager-->ServerName-->ISAPI and CGI restrictions.

I also did a million other things (all available updates,  Setspn -D & -F, recreated OWA virtual folder, etc. etc.)  I hope this helps someone, since Filemaker won't evern try to help you.

• 4. Re: Filemaker Server Advanced 11 uninstall messed up SBS 2008 Web Services
                JasonDurkee

We had the same problem with IIS, Remote Web Workplace, Sharepoint and Outlook Anywhere stops working after we uninstalled FMPro 11 Advanced Server and rebooted the SBS 2008 server.  After sorting through posts and trying the steps above per Peter we were forced to call MS and pay for an incident.  Below is how we got this working.

Here is what we did on the
                server:

Looking at the event viewer did
                the following:

Copied the following highlighted
                files from the windows side by side folder (WinSXS)

iisfcgi.dll

cgi.dll

Created the RpcProxy folder
                under c:\windows\system32 and en-US under c:\windows\system32\RpcProxy and
                copied the following dll's under it

Rpcproxy.dll

LBservice.dll

and

Rpcproxy.dll.mui under
                :\windows\system32\RpcProxy\en-US.

And then restarted the IISADMIN
                and the W3SVC service.

Also compared and corrected all
                the required apppool with my test machine.

Apparently FMPro removed or deleted these .dll files.  Now that these were in place Remote Web Workplace, OWA and Sharepoint worked however Outlook Anywhere was returing an error HTTP Error 500, can't PING 'server address'.

FMPro somehow removed the TSGateway/RPC HTTP Proxy role.

We installed the
                Terminal service Gateway and removed the 3rd party ISAPI filters from the
                virtual directories in IIS.

We had to "remove" RPC and RPC w/cert from the Default Web Sites and leave the those 2 sites inside "SBS Website Applications". Apparently you can't have this so when we tried configuring OA it was looking in the Default Web Sites first which it shouldn't.

Hope this helps.

• 5. Re: Filemaker Server Advanced 11 uninstall messed up SBS 2008 Web Services
                  marcopiacentini

Hi Jason, we made the same mistake installing fm12 on sbs2011.
                       With forum support we solved almost everything except the terminal service gateway access via Remote Web Workplace.

In your post I read:

We installed the Terminal service Gateway and removed the 3rd party ISAPI filters from the virtual directories in IIS. We had to "remove" RPC and RPC w/cert from the Default Web Sites and leave the those 2 sites inside "SBS Website Applications". Apparently you can't have this so when we tried configuring OA it was looking in the Default Web Sites first which it shouldn't.

I don't understand how you reached to install Terminal Service Gateway. Could you give me an advice?

Thank you.

Marco

• 6. Re: Filemaker Server Advanced 11 uninstall messed up SBS 2008 Web Services
                    DavidMessman

I was in the same situation on my SBS 2008 box.  I had run Filemaker Server 11 on the SBS 2008 box for several years and my Filemaker guy upgraded us to 12.  I wasn't present for the install, but he may have installed the Filemaker web hosting components which may be the crux of the most of the problems we have all had.  

As others stated, the install required a reboot and then after that, I was getting error 500.19 when attempting to reach items provided by IIS when attempting to browse RWW from the box itself.  My users were not able to get email on anything that required IIS (Exchange ActiveSync, RPC over HTTPS).  

I uninstalled Filemaker Server 12 (which I will later reinstall on a virtual machine that will clearly not be SBS), which, as stated, did not fix the issue.

In my case, I was lucky to have a simple fix of merely running:

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

After that simple command (that took 5 minutes to run), I was back in business.
                    • 7. Re: Filemaker Server Advanced 11 uninstall messed up SBS 2008 Web Services
                      GaryKarasik

I had the same problem--SBS web sites not working--after removing Filemaker Server v9 from and SBS 2003 box. The solution was to run the command IISRESET /STOP, remove two Filemaker-installed ISAPI filters (FM1 and PHP) from the IIS 6 Default Web Site, copy \System32\InetSrv\MBSchema.XML and \System32\InetSrv\MetaBase.XML from a backup, then run the command IISRESET /START. All SBS 2003 web sites immediately started working again.

GaryK