1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 11:31 AM by philmodjunk

Filemaker Server compatibility with Microsoft SBS 2008

KingsMgmt

Title

Filemaker Server compatibility with Microsoft SBS 2008

Your post

Has anyone used Filemaker 10 Server with Microsoft Small Business Server 2008? The Filemaker documentation says that Filemaker only supports Microsoft Server 2008 Standard edition. I put a call into Filemaker but they could not tell me if Filemaker 10 Server will work with the Small Business Server version.

Also, while reading the documenation for Filemaker 10 Server it states that they recommend that the software be installed on a dedicated computer. This seems completely ridiculous that I would use an expensive server and only install one program on it. Has anyone had any experience with servering various software including email on the same computer running Filemaker 10 Server?

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server compatibility with Microsoft SBS 2008
          philmodjunk

The tech folks at Filemaker should be better informed on this one. SBS uses something called "Sharepoint" and this is incompatible with publishing the DB to the web. I can't guarantee it, but suspect that if you were hosting only over the LAN, you might not have any problems.

When we went shopping for a new server, the SBS option was more expensive than a simple Windows Server anyway, so we didn't try this ourselves.