5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2010 12:48 PM by oakhamschool

FileMaker Server deployment error

oakhamschool

Title

FileMaker Server deployment error

Your post

Hi Guys,

Im reinstalling FileMaker Server Advance on my test machine, we're experimenting with different versions of PHP to see if we can increase the speed of CWP. Im trying to redeploy my server setup, an d I get a deployment error on IIS 7.5. The actual dialog says Deployment/Configuration error -23 Web Server entry already exists in the configuration file.

Well, ho do I bypass this to configure my machine to run php? If I click on OK the only thing enabled is ODBC in the console. Being a FileMaker error (-23) I thought there would be some documentation, but I cant find anything in the KB?

Any help would be appreciated...ps dont many people use FM with PHP as the possts on this technology are very few and farbetween.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server deployment error

Jalz:

Thank you for posting.

It may be easiest to simply start from a clean configuration. This would include removing and adding the IIS and perhaps reinstalling FileMaker Server as well. Check that the FileMaker Server folder is completely removed after uninstalling. Before doing the above, you could first try deleting the FileMaker Server configuration files using the steps in Knowledge Base Article #6989:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6989

TSuki
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server deployment error
            oakhamschool

Hi TSuki,

Thanks for replying. Im almost there, Ive got php, FileMaker Server Advanced 11 and IIS deployed. In the console, eveything is green and status is OK, includes server and php odbc etc.

When I try running the php pages, I now get an error 22. After googling, found it could be a problem with the php privilege set, username password combination....so cehecked everything in he file and it looks all good as when it was working.

Any ideas what error 22?? FileMaker errorcodes should be documented better!

• 3. Re: FileMaker Server deployment error

Jalz:

I am assuming you are referring to this thread:

http://fmwebschool.com/frm/index.php?topic=2417.0

More specifically, it seems that one of the pages requested in the PHP code returns a 404 error. Are you able to check your web server logs for any bad requests? Were the PHP pages newly created in the PHP site assistant since the reinstall? Which version of PHP are you using? You mentioned changing the PHP version to increase performance - did PHP performance appear to be a bottleneck in your setup before?

TSuki
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Server deployment error
                oakhamschool

Hi TSuki,

Yes indeed, I get an error 404 when I run that page. The pages I created have been live for a year, when we used to host them on FileMaker Server 9. We recently upgraded to FileMaker Server Advanced 11 and the PHP pages were runnind dead slow. The version of PHP I am/was using 5.3.3. phpinfo page runs fine, again all services on FileMaker have a green light....

Checked my logs nothing useful at all. Tried creating a site using the php assistant, wont connect to my databases, tried localhost, 127.0.0.1 and the ip address given to my machine.

• 5. Re: FileMaker Server deployment error
                  oakhamschool

Hi again,

Still trying to connect using php site assistant, says the machine does not have web publishing engine installed, yet the fmsa console looks OK. Instead of me using the deployment wizard to configure my web server, can I manually set the files....Dont know what alterations the engine makes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jalz