2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 5:05 PM by JoeBirt

FileMaker Server is going to sleep

DaleYoung

Title

FileMaker Server is going to sleep

Your post

Two days ago (10/01/2012 10:00 am) my client got this message:

"File has been forcefully disconnected by the host. All affected windows will be closed. [From Administrator: "FileMaker Server is going to sleep. The entire cache will be flushed. All schedules will be suspended."]

The server is configured to NEVER sleep, and there were multiple users actively using FileMaker at the time, so it should NOT have gone to sleep - this seems very weird.

Details:

Server: FileMaker Server Advanced 12.0.1.78, Mac O/S 10.7.3, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB memory

Client: FileMaker 12.0v2 (06-21-2012), Mac O/S 10.6.8 or higher. One client is 3.06 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB memory.

Any thoughts?

*Dale*

TESerror121001.png

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server is going to sleep
          GaryAmstutz

I know this is an old post, but this just happened to me in FMS 13.  Server log shows system (Mac OS X Server 10.8) was attempting to go to sleep.  But reading about this issue on FMS docs, FMS says when it receives a request from the computer's OS to go to sleep, if there are FM connected users (and there were at least a dozen in my case), then FMS refuses the sleep request to the OS.  That didn't happen today.  It forced all of us using FM13 Pro and FM13 Advanced off the server and the FMS was suspended and flushed the cache.  

NOTE: Today is the first day our company is using FMS 13 (we migrated from FMS 12 last night), so seeing the FMS 13 force every one off the server at 10:55 am this morning was very disconcerting.  I did have a backup scheduled for 11 am, but FMS 13 shouldn't force everyone off to do a backup, right!?  I got the exact same error message as the OP (from a year and a half ago) as shown above.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server is going to sleep
            JoeBirt

I had a similar situation today. I hope that the problem was in the Windows Power Management. My server was set to "Go to Sleep after 30mins". I changed this to "Never" and so far I have been accessing the server remotely since I changed the setting at 1600.