1 Reply Latest reply on May 22, 2009 2:05 PM by philmodjunk

FileMaker Server keeps asking for password change?

jcullen

Title

FileMaker Server keeps asking for password change?

Your post

Hi,

I am having trouble accessing a FileMaker database that is apart of our company's in Brussels. I am in San Diego. I get past the server aspect of the access. I place my login name and my password in after I double click the database I want and it asks me to change my old password into a new one. However, everytime I change my password to a new one, it asks me to do it again and again and again. I can't get past this.

Does anyone know how to correct this situation so that I can access the datbase?!?!?

It would be of great help. Thanks.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server keeps asking for password change?
          philmodjunk

Does this database consist of multiple files?

Since each file has its own set of account names and privileges, changing the password for one file could trigger a "cascade" of password change dialogs as each related file attempts to open. You normally don't get these, because when a relationship or script triggers the opening of a related file, it attempts to open the related file with the same account name and password as was used to open the current file. It will only ask for a password when the account name and password that opened the current file is not found in the new file.

That sounds like what you've encountered.