2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2016 3:32 PM by dtcgnet

Filemaker Server on Amazon EC2

AlexanderOskin

Title

Filemaker Server on Amazon EC2

Your post

Hi!

We have installed Filemaker Server 13 on Amazon EC2 Windows instance. Instance have two IP, one private IP and on public IP. When we use Filemaker Pro or Filemaker Go with this server installation everything is fine. But when we use WebDirect we can't see the container fields content.

For example. In container field we have audio record. Through Filemaker Pro or Filemaker Go we can play audio records, through WebDirect audio records are not available. After some experiments we noticed that WebDirect loads container field content with private IP in a link, but should loads with public IP.

Container field in WebDirect loads link like this http://privateIP/testrecord.mp3 and the record not played. If change by hands in this link private IP to public IP like this http://publicIP/testrecord.mp3 the record played and everything is fine.

Any suggestions? Or maybe we can find anywhere step-by-step instruction of how to install Filemaker Server on Amazon EC2?

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server on Amazon EC2
          RickWhitelaw

When you say "private ip" are you referring to the ip address of the server machine? Are you accessing from outside your network? It seems to me that you should not have to specify any ip address at all if port forwarding is done correctly. Just tossing out ideas. I'm not 100% clear on the issue.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Server on Amazon EC2
            dtcgnet

Have you solved this issue yet?

You say that you can play the audio file if you use the public IP address in the formula. Create a calculated field of type Container, and make the calculation equal to the link in the regular container field, but with the Private IP substituted for the Public IP in the formula using SUBSTITUTE.

And I agree with what RickWhitelaw mentions about possible problems with port forwarding.