6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2010 11:54 AM by JamesReed

Filemaker Server Stops Accepting New Connections

tannerellen

Title

Filemaker Server Stops Accepting New Connections

Your post

Hello,

I have an issue that has been a thorn in my side for quite some time.  I am running FM Server Advanced 10 on a MacosX server.  About once every couple weeks up to every month filemaker server stops accepting new connections.  Basically a client who is not connected to the database cannot see any of the databases when they attempt to connect to the server.  Anyone who was already connected stays connected and can continue to use the database they are in just fine.  If I restart filemaker server in the admin console everything goes back to normal and everyone can access the database server again.  I am not exceeding the connections allowed or the hosted file limit.  Why does filemaker server just stop accepting new connections randomly like this?  Even if someone is connected, then closes the database they were in they cannot reconnect, nothing shows up in the open remote dialog when viewing that server.

Any ideas, it is tiring to need to kick everyone off of the server so I can restart the service all the time. 

Thanks