2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2011 8:26 AM by Infectiologue

Filemaker Server11 multiple users cannot see database

Chuck77

Title

Filemaker Server11 multiple users cannot see database

Your post

FileMaker Server 11 on Windows 2008 server.  Admin Console shows database is loaded.  One client can see the database by opening FileMaker Pro/Remote but the other client cannot see the database.  Is there a file share switch in File Maker server that must be checked?  We have gone over the FM Serve install multiple times and it looks correct. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server11 multiple users cannot see database
          fmdataweb

There is a setting in the Admin Console to limit users to only see the databases they have access to - they have to authenticate when viewing the Server in the list and it will then show what databases they have access to.

This doesn't sound like it's the case here - try adding the server as a favourite under the File>Open Remote dialog and then see if that shows the hosted database. It could be that the required ports are blocked or that Bonjour wasn't installed which is required for database discovery.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Server11 multiple users cannot see database
            Infectiologue

I'm having a similar problem, with another server. Mac Mini server with a fresh install of FMServer Advanced 11 serving up 7 databases. Console looks fine.

I can see the files from my mac laptop and two different Windows machines under local hosts when I'm running FMP on these machines.

Another windows machine on the LAN can't see it (running FMP v9), though that user can use IWP to get access.

FM Go on my iPhone, on the WiFi LAN, similarly doesn't see the local host, and when I put in the IP address I don't get a list of files.

Any hints I should try to make this work?

Thanks,

Mark