10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2011 6:52 AM by GabrielAndrey

FileMaker Site Assistant

GabrielAndrey

Title

FileMaker Site Assistant

Your post

I use FM Server 11 on OSX 10.6.6

When I try to connect with FM PHP Site Assistant the message I got is "Publishing engine is not running on the specified server"
      When I try to connect with FM XSLT Site Assistant the message I got is "Unable to connect to http://......"
      On the admin console everything is 'green'

what I can check ?

• 1. Re: FileMaker Site Assistant

Gabriel Andrey:

Thanks for posting.

Let's try redeploying the web publishing engine. This can be done by opening the admin console and clicking on the "Edit Server Deployment" link located on the right side of the FileMaker Server Overview page. This will step you through the process of enabling the web publishing engine and installing the appropriate components for PHP and XSLT/XML web publishing.

If it still fails after redeploying, go to http://localhost:16000/test and run the PHP and XSLT test sites. The results of those tests might give us a better idea of which direction to go from there.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Site Assistant
            GabrielAndrey

Thanks for your advise TSBear,

I did redeploying the web publishing engine, but it still fail.

on the test sites topics "FileMaker Server 11 Technology Tests":

Instant Web Publishing works ok, I can access to the sample database.

PHP Custom Web Publishing works ok, I have a page where data from the sample database are displayed

XSLT Custom Web Publishing does not work, I go an error, as shown bellow

FileMaker Custom Web Publishing with XSLT

An unexpected error has occurred

File: /fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml
            Line:
            Column:

Note: If  a source file and line number are indicated, this is the location where  the error was detected and not necessarily the exact location of the  problem.
            • 3. Re: FileMaker Site Assistant
              GabrielAndrey

maybe this could help ...

When I tryed XSLT Custom Web Publishing under "FileMaker Server 11 Technology Tests"

I got this in the log file

Publishing Engine    Error    XSLT-CWP - - wpc1 An unexpected error has occurred (null)  File: /fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml

• 4. Re: FileMaker Site Assistant
                GabrielAndrey

... thinking about trashing FM Server Advanced

• 5. Re: FileMaker Site Assistant

Gabriel Andrey:

Sorry for the late response. Let's try uninstalling FileMaker Server. Follow the instructions below and post back if it still fails.

1) Close the databases through the databases area in the admin console.

2) Stop the Web Publishing Engine.

3) Stop the Database Server.

4) Move the /Library/Filemaker Server/Data/ folder to a safe place (this stores all of your databases, backups, system level scripts, etc.)

5) Run the the FileMaker Server 11 installer and opt to uninstall when prompted.

6) Move the /Library/FileMaker Server folder to the trash.

7) Reboot.

8) Run the installer again.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FileMaker Site Assistant
                    GabrielAndrey

Bonjour TSBear,

Did the unistall and re-install as you sugested.

But the problems stills ...

Gabriel

• 7. Re: FileMaker Site Assistant

Gabriel Andrey:

Under the Web Server and Web Publishing Engine sections of the FileMaker Server Overview, can you confirm that PHP, XML and XSLT are all On?

Let's try clearing the Java cache and downloading a fresh copy of the .jnlp files. Open the Java Preferences app from /Applications/Utilities and select the Network tab. Once in there, click Delete Files and verify that Applications and Applets are checked before clicking Ok. Then, go to http://localhost:16000/tools to redownload the PHP and XSLT site assistants.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: FileMaker Site Assistant
                        GabrielAndrey

Yes they are

Cache cleared

still the same

FM PHP Assistant say "Publishing engine not running ..."

FM Site Assistant say "unable to connectto http://10.xxx.xxx.xxx/"

FM Server 11 Tech. Tests:

Test Instant Web Publishing = ok

Test PHP Custom Web Publishing = ok

Test XSLT Custom Web Publishing = Publishing Engine    Error    XSLT-CWP - - wpc1 An unexpected error has occurred (null)  File: /fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml

• 9. Re: FileMaker Site Assistant

Gabriel Andrey:

Has this ever worked as expected on this machine?

Is this a single machine configuration? If it is, let's disable the network adapters, reboot and test again. You can disable the network adapters through the Network area of the System Preferences.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: FileMaker Site Assistant
                            GabrielAndrey

Hello,

Well this part has not been tested until now, so I would say it never worked on that machine.

Network as been disabled and same problem

btw ... I am going to test something and I will let you know

Pas de soucis, on trouvera la solution Wink