2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2013 1:42 PM by yvesblache_1

Filemaker Webdirect issue with interactive container video file over the web

yvesblache_1

Title

Filemaker Webdirect issue with interactive container video file over the web

Your post

When I create a database that contain a container field (Interactive) with a video (Any type of video  .avi .wmv etc ..) the content does not play on any web browser that is not within my network.

Example : I have a server with webdirect installed and a database with a container field that contain (Depending on the record) picture and video. When I select a record that contain a picture, it display properly over a web browser. (On my network or over the web) When I want to load a record that contain a video, it's working locally over my network but not over the web. The windows media player windows say connecting for 2 minutes and at last it say READY but even if you click on it, it does not start.

I have notice that while I wait for connecting, if I right click on the windows media window and I select PROPERTY, the URL is not correct. It display the following url (http://192.168.2.11:80/Streaming/MainDB/FM-F26824D-C2F7-8342-888D-B70B8558353A.wmv) The IP Address should be my INTERNET IP ADDRESS and not my local IP Address.

I cannot figure out why it is showing this IP instead of my real INTERNET IP ADDRESS. If I open my database over the web in filemaker pro and I do the exact same thing, the video is playing and the IP ADDRESS is right. (Internet IP Address)

Can someone help me on this one.

Capture.PNG