2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 6:24 AM by JessHewitt

FileMaker WebDirect Keeps Crashing

JessHewitt

Title

FileMaker WebDirect Keeps Crashing

Your post

Hello. I'm running into a problem with FileMaker Server. We upgraded from 11 to 13 a few months ago, but we've run into a problem with the WebDirect feature. It seems to stop working randomly. Using the network utility, I'll query the server to see which ports are open only to find that port 80 doesn't show up. If it is working, port 80 will show up. 

In the admin console it says that WebDirect is still on and working.

What could be causing this, and what can I do to fix it? It's a brand new Mac Mini (not Mac Mini Server) that I am running, and I installed only the FileMaker server on it.

I am currently running:

Mac Mini5,3 with 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM

OS X 10.9.5

• 1. Re: FileMaker WebDirect Keeps Crashing
          ceath

Hi Jess,

I see you're not getting any responses.  I'm having a problem that I suspect is related.  I'm trying to install FileMaker Server on a new Mac Mini (late 2014) with 3GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM.  I'm running Yosemite 10.10.1.  I can install FileMaker Server, but I can't get WebDirect installed.

The reason I think our problems are related is that WebDirect refuses to install, telling me "Test web server (http://127.0.0.1:80/fmi-test/test.xml): Connection refused".  Port 80 appears not to be available.  Like you, I use Network Utility to do a port scan and find that port 80 is not on the list.  You're finding it comes and goes.  I'm finding it is never there.

Have you had any success at identifying your issue?  If you have, I'd like to know.  It might give me a clue where I need to look.

• 2. Re: FileMaker WebDirect Keeps Crashing
            JessHewitt

I called support and they advised me to turn off my backup software. We use BRU to backup things to LTO, so I'm testing it right now to see if it works.