2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2012 11:16 AM by MikeUglow

find license code in installed copy of FileMaker Server 5.5

kermit89

Title

find license code in installed copy of FileMaker Server 5.5

Your post

I have a copy of FileMaker Server 5.5 running on a Windows 2000 Server that needs reloaded.  It is a legal copy, but the original license code papers have been lost.  In newer versions of FileMaker Server one can go to a summary page and see the license code, but I am not seeing a summary page in the Server 5.5 Console (management) program.  How can I track down the code that is currently in use?  This is for a school district.. 5.5 is working fine for them and there is no money to upgrade. 

• 1. Re: find license code in installed copy of FileMaker Server 5.5
          rmanook

Hi kermit89,

Do you know if the License Key has been registered or if the software was purchased directly from FileMaker?  

It may be more beneficial to contact the Customer Assistance Department at 1 800 325-2747 (choose option 1 in the phone menu).  The Customer Assistance team will be able to search for registered License Keys and is probably the best source for information for this type of issue.

If you are not in the US, go to www.filemaker.com > Company > Contact US > View a list of worldwide offices and then choose a region closest to you.  The numbers for that area's Customer Assistance will be listed on the web page.

Let me know how it works out.

Thanks,

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: find license code in installed copy of FileMaker Server 5.5
            MikeUglow

I'm in the same boat, I checked with Filemaker and they said they see that my company regisitor the software but they didn't have the install code recorded, is there anyway to get it out of the installed program, I'm using File Maker Server 6.0.

Thanks,

Mike