0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2014 12:09 PM by ChristopherKessler

Find status and current changing when records are edited in WebDirect

ChristopherKessler

Title

Find status and current changing when records are edited in WebDirect

Your post

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I have a database that I can connect to in OS X using any browser, and it works great by allowing me to search for records and then edit them accordingly; however, when I use Firefox or Chrome on a Windows PC, the database can be searched but when I edit records the initial find reverts to show all records, with the first one selected as the active record. This is making folks who are editing the database in this way "lose their place" and have to perform the find all over again.

Again, this only happens on Windows PC systems, whereas the same browser versions used on Mac systems do not show this behavior.

Bug? Or something else? The edited fields do not have any script triggers, and neither does the layout.

This is the latest version of FileMaker Server 13, with a database created and maintained on it with FileMaker Pro 13. This problem only happens with WebDirect, and not with FileMaker Pro running on Windows PCs.