3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2013 5:14 PM by philmodjunk

Firewall Problems

kbsaunders

Title

Firewall Problems

Your post

I recently set up the apple firewall on my server. Since then I have been unable to open the fm concole on any client. I haven't found anything in Troubleshooting addressing this. The following ports are open (I guess from when I first installed fm server):

fmsased, fmserverd, fmserver_helperd, fmsib, java, python, scsd.

I have other ports open for other programs and file sharing.

When I turn the firewall off, I am able to connect from a client. Back on and I can't.

Could this be that I originally installed fm server when the firewall was off and am now using it when it is on? If so, how do I fix that? If it is not that, what could it be and how would I fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin

• 1. Re: Firewall Problems
          philmodjunk

The following ports are open (I guess from when I first installed fm server):

fmsased, fmserverd, fmserver_helperd, fmsib, java, python, scsd.

Ports are identified by a number and FileMaker Server  documentation specifies specific ports that must be open. I would guess that one or more of these is not open now the the firewall is up.

• 2. Re: Firewall Problems
            kbsaunders

I saw those ports in the troubleshooting. However, I'm on a Mac, which doesn't use port numbers in the firewall. It uses program names.

• 3. Re: Firewall Problems
              philmodjunk

I have only done this for windows systems so that may be the difference, but the documentation I've seen on my windows system requires that multiple ports have to be open and each was designated by a number.