3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 9:40 AM by TSGal

FM  Server 13, 1 Free + 5 purchased = 6 concurrent connections

jessieleah

Title

FM  Server 13, 1 Free + 5 purchased = 6 concurrent connections

Your post

FM Server 13 comes with one connection for FM Go and I purchased an additional 5 concurrent connections for FM Go and the server shows that we have 6 altogether.  However, only 5 people can connect when using FM Go when on our network.  The 6 connections is for FM Go only right? And doesn't include computers on the network which can connect, for sake of my post, free?  We do not use WebDirect anywhere, it isn't even turned on.

Any thoughts on why the server is only allowing for 5 connections and not 6?  I looked at all the clients connected to FM server and there aren't any other people using FM Go at the time.

• 1. Re: FM  Server 13, 1 Free + 5 purchased = 6 concurrent connections
          TSGal

jessieleah:

Thank you for your post.

The six concurrent connections is for both FileMaker Pro AND FileMaker Go clients.  If you have five FileMaker Go clients connected plus one FileMaker Pro client connected (total of six clients), then the next client who tries to connect, either FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Go, will get a maximum number of connections exceeded error message.  Launch Admin Console to see the connected clients.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM  Server 13, 1 Free + 5 purchased = 6 concurrent connections
            jessieleah

So, are you saying that in order to connect to  FileMaker server on a LAN - I also have to buy concurrent connections for people using FileMaker Pro?  So, I have to pay for a license and a connection - That is over $300 a computer.  Then pay $180 every year after that to let them connect?  

• 3. Re: FM  Server 13, 1 Free + 5 purchased = 6 concurrent connections
              TSGal

jessieleah:

My apologies.  The information I provided is incorrect.  Beginning with FileMaker Server 13, the concurrent connections only applied to FileMaker Go and WebDirect clients.  FileMaker Pro users do not have to pay any additional costs, as they are counted separately and are unlimited.

In Admin Console, it will display FileMaker Go and WebDirect connections, and with the five purchased concurrent connection plus the one built-in, you will have six concurrent connections available to you.  If you are only able to see five and get an error message on the sixth, check Admin Console to see the reason.  If you see two FileMaker Go clients when there only should be one, perhaps someone is still unknowingly logged in, or if they turned off the iOS device and FileMaker Server still thinks they are connected.

Again, my apologies for the previous (incorrect) information.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.