AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM 11 Server remote admin console access "Unable to launch the application"

Question asked by rvince on Jun 2, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2010 by damondidit

Title

FM 11 Server remote admin console access "Unable to launch the application"

Your post

I hope someone can help me. I am very new to File Maker.

We are in the proces of installing File Maker Server 11 on a Windows 2003 server. Our workstations are all either XP or Vista.

When I installed the server the machine did not have java installed so it got installed from the distribution cd and all is well. I can use http://localhost:16000/  and then click on Start Admin Console with no problems on the server.

However on several work stations I get the "Unable to launch the application" error when I try to launch "Start  Admin Console" Now these machines generally had Java installed on them and over time would have been updating. They have jave 6 update 20. I found a reference on the File Maker website regarding a bug that FM 9 was incompatible with anything above update 7 and it had a link to the download of java 6 update 7 on the sun website.

I have installed this version of java 6 update 7 on a XP machine that has never had java installed and this machine now works perfectly. It will run the admin console applet with no errors.

So how do I get those workstations that have had a java never than version 7 installed on them to work with the admin console? I have tried the suggestion to delete the temporary files in java, I have also completely unintsalled java and reinstalled the lower version (update 7) and this still does not work.

Help!!!

Regards

Richard.

Outcomes