3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2014 8:25 AM by pook

FM 13 Scripts run via FM13 Server schedule (Cant export data into xlsx)

pook

Title

FM 13 Scripts run via FM13 Server schedule (Cant export data into xlsx)

Your post

Hi All,

I've been racking my brains about this for a while now, and finally resorted to the forum AGAIN!

I've created a schedule on FM Server 13, which calls a script in FM13 to grab records, omit, and export the results to .xlsx. The script in FM works perfectly. Exports to a network share location...I can access the excel doc and open. But although the schedule runs and emails to say complete and status is ok, it doesn't put the data into an excel file at the end! However it will do this if I opt to use file format .tab!

My question is what am I doing wrong? It says that excel is supported in this manner...I appreciate the server based scripts wont save as excel, but exporting and select the option excel when using server script options is available, so why wont it work??

Alternatively, what's the best route to go with if the above really isn't possible...how can I get my data in a .tab file after exporting into a .xlsx without user interaction. I'm trying to make this as automated as possible, as its going to be a daily occurrence for us.

Many Thanks; see script attached!

FMCapture.JPG