4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2010 1:19 PM by TSGal

FM 9 Server: Admin Console Locking Error

monkeymissile

Title

FM 9 Server: Admin Console Locking Error

Your post

Greetings,

this is my first post and I'm a FM newbie. We bought FM9 well over a year ago and are JUST getting around to using it. A while back I installed FM9 Server on an older, slower server and soon after uninstalled it after I realized I had no disk space left. It's now installed on a brand new server running MS Server 2003. When I try to open the admin console, I get this Admin Console Locking Error: "Filemaker server is currently being deployed by another user and is not available at this time". 

Thinking it must have something to do with my initial installation attempt, I deleted everything FM from the old server and rebooted it, but no luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

regards,

Justin 

• 1. Re: FM 9 Server: Admin Console Locking Error
          TSGal

monkeymissile:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

If you have already found a solution, then disregard this post.

It sounds like you didn't fully uninstall FileMaker Server from the older server.  Even though you removed everything, make sure you removed:

Program Files -> FileMaker -> FileMaker Server

Un-install the Web Server and reboot the machine.  Reinstall the Web Server and reboot the machine.

You may want to disconnect from the network so that the Windows 2003 machine does not see it and check it for the FileMaker Server license key.

Let me know if you are still unable to get FileMaker Server working on your Windows 2003 machine.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FM 9 Server: Admin Console Locking Error
            monkeymissile
               Thanks, but it turned out to actually be a Java issue and I'm all set now. Appreciate it!
            • 3. Re: FM 9 Server: Admin Console Locking Error
              dheleg

I have FileMaker Server 10 Advance on a Windows 3002 Server 2R machine. What was the problem with Java cause I'm getting the same error? I'll try unintalling Java and see if that takes care of it. Let me know if there's anything else. 

• 4. Re: FM 9 Server: Admin Console Locking Error
                TSGal

dheleg:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Server 9 requires Java 6 Update 7 or earlier.

FileMaker Server 10 was certified with Java 6 Update 7, and some users are using FileMaker Server 10 with later Updates, while others cannot.  Those users who could not get it running reverted to Java 6 Update 7 and it worked.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.