1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 10, 2009 11:18 AM by TSGal

FM Advanced Server, databases looses connectivity during scheduled backups

sghutch

Title

FM Advanced Server, databases looses connectivity during scheduled backups

Your post

My FM Advanced Server looses connectivity to 5 local databases (largest one is 3 GBs), and breaks connectivity with logged on users. The database is closed and has to be re-verified as it reopens. This all happens at the same time as a scheduled backup is happening. The backup is then corrupted and incomplete. This happens multiple times but not for every hourly backup. This server has been working well for months in this same configuration.

The log files that I have looked at don't give me any clues, but there may be other places I should look for information on the cause of the FM Server applications crash. I do not know how to fix this. I have reseated all cards and memory. I have checked to make sure the backup and all other hard drives has plenty of space and they do.

(Software/Hardware: Advanced Server 9.0.3.326 running on OS 10.5.6 Xserve 2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 8 GB memory running off of and internal RAID card and a RAID 5 configuration, with three partitions: BOOT with FM Server Advanced 67.7/79.6 GBs, DATA with active databases 16.5/24.5GBs, BACKUP with hourly FM Scheduled backups 410/442 GBs.)