AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM Server 10 Admin Console "Deafness"

Question asked by stumang on Apr 27, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2011 by LaRetta_1

Title

FM Server 10 Admin Console "Deafness"

Your post

First time poster, long time reader...

Apologies to all if this should be entered under an existing thread, but all the similar posts I could find to this issue say to start a new thread.

Issues are very similar to those described below, to which I have seen no resolution:

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/7638b7ca79

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/66a6f5243c

Windows Server 2003r2 SP2, FMServer 10.0.2.206, Java 6.23 (not the 24 which I have read causes known problems)

We have about a dozen clients, mix of Mac & XP users running a mix of FMPro 9 & 10. I installed FMServer 10 back in February (removed Server 7 as per installation instructions), and it had been running perfectly until 4/13/11 (the day I went on vacation). I came back a week later to check in on the server, and noticed that the databases’ modification date was 4/12/11, at the time the "Daily" backup completed (hadn't been modified in a week). As has been reported by other users, clients list was inaccurate as to who was connected, and the Schedule "Daily" was running – and had been for 8 days without completing. And that was the last event on the log viewer. There had been no backups since then, because the backup schedule was still running. I could not stop it.

After searching this forum, I attempted to run the fmsadmin.exe application to try some command lines. A black terminal window would pop up briefly then close: I could not get fmsadmin to run. As many others have noted, my only recourse here was to reboot the server. Since I don't like to do this too often, I went ahead and ran Windows Update, which grabbed about 15 updates, installed, restarted, relaunched FMSAdmin Console. Everything seemed fine. At the time of that reboot, I set up email alerts, and received nightly notifications that backups had occurred as scheduled…until 4/24. Checked the log viewer Monday morning, and same issue as before: "Schedule "Daily" Running" is the last event. Out of date client list, unresponsive console, can’t launch fmsadmin.exe.

All clients can still connect, and there doesn't *seem* to be any loss of functionality or data. Just very nervous that the data has not backed up and seems frozen in time from the server side.

So, has there been any resolution with this issue since the posts I referenced above?

Thanks in advance for any help possible: a redirect to another post, or even better a solution!

Outcomes