1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 10, 2011 8:39 AM by philmodjunk

FM Server 11 and FM Pro Advanced 11

CDCASA

Title

FM Server 11 and FM Pro Advanced 11

Your post

Is it possible to use the same computer to launch FM Server 11 and FM Pro Advanced 11 and create, edit, etc. databases within FM Pro? I got an error message that made me think this wasn't possible but I was under the impression that it was. I almost need to use the same computer for both so if this is not possible then I might have an issue. Thanks.

• 1. Re: FM Server 11 and FM Pro Advanced 11
          philmodjunk

I don't recommend that you do this. I believe you can't do this at all if you are publishing to the web as Pro and Server will conflict.

We do routinely run Pro 10 and Server 10 here with no trouble, but this is a robot file that is launched late at night to run one script and then uses Exit Application to shut down Filemaker.

Running Pro (or Advanced ) on the same machine as Server could slow the machine down. Generally, running any additional apps on the server is not best practice as it (slightly) increases the change of problems for your clients of server due a crash being caused by the additional application.