2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2011 3:17 PM by karend440

FM Server 11 Client Names

Title

FM Server 11 Client Names

Your post

Would appreciate any help with this!

I have recently installed FM Server 11. Being pretty new to this, is there anyway to change the clients names in the console? Right now, all's I see is the 3 letter user name (Company ID) for everyone. The only thing that makes the clients different is their IP number, which is less than convenient to remember for everyone. It reads:   CAD    IP#(which is different). I would 'think' there would be a way to chage the CAD part to read their login name or something, no?

In case this makes a difference, we purchased FM server with 10 licenses as a bundle package, so installing the program on users systems I was required to put "CAD" as the user name on the install. 

Thanks!

Karen

• 1. Re: FM Server 11 Client Names

Karen D.

Thanks for posting!

The User Name shown under the clients section of the admin console is pulled from the user name specified on installation. You can change the user name shown by going to Edit -> Preferences on Windows machines or FileMaker Pro -> Preferences on Macs.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM Server 11 Client Names

Thank you, Thank you Thank you!

I guess I should of been thinking outside the box (literally...) Never thought to check the user's computer settings.

Appreciate your quick response and help!

Thanks Again, TSBear Laughing