0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 8:02 AM by FilmUser

FM Server 12 on Windows Server 2012 R2

FilmUser

Title

Your post

We are currently running Server and Client 12, clients are on Windows 7 machines.

Our support group is going to move the data base to a new server running Windows Server 2012 R2, testing it first with me and another administrator of the data base. I am thinking about upgrading both Server and Client to version 13 (for testing by the two administrators) when we set up the test environment on the new server.

Our support folks (internal) tell me that Filemaker support says that Windows Server 2012 R2 has not been tested with FM Server 13, emphasis on the "R2".

Does anyone have experience running Server 13 on a Windows Server 2012 R2?

Also, we are considering completing the Server move before upgrading all of the clients to FMP13. Is there any reason not to do this? (less disruptive if we can move the server first, and I can test FM client 13).

We may be being more cautions than we need to be, but the support folks are not experienced with FMP and my experience is limited in the server environment, so we are thinking small steps.

Any advice would be appreciated.