1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2015 7:51 PM by TSGal

FM Server 14 ODBC External Data Source Problems

brianne2727

Title

FM Server 14 ODBC External Data Source Problems

Your post

I have previously used FM server 13 and write everything back to my SQL database. I have been running on a single machine but I'm about to deploy FM server 14 across 2 machines to have WebDirect and server on two different dedicated servers. I have everything setup and I'm sharing solutions to the new FM server 14 but the External Data Sources I have setup don't seem to be working like they did before. I've configured the ODBC connections on the both servers and tried to recreate the EDS from the server file but it still doesn't recognize/accept my credentials. No error message, just no connection.

I'm trying to deploy a big project next week and this has thrown a big kink in my plans...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: FM Server 14 ODBC External Data Source Problems
          TSGal

Bri Wilson:

Thank you for your post.

Since this is an installation issue with several different possible causes, I recommend contacting our Technical Support department at toll-free 800-325-2747 if you are in North America.  There is no charge for installation issues.  If you are located outside of North America, then contact the FileMaker office nearest you.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.