1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 20, 2010 10:14 AM by TSuki

FM Server 9 and Windows Server 2008

LaneMcmullen

Title

FM Server 9 and Windows Server 2008

Your post

I am currently running FileMaker Server 9 on a 32 bit Windows Server 2003 server. The hardware is due for replacement but before I start migrating data, will FileMaker Server 9 run on a Windows Server 2008 server? I realize that there isn’t anything directly noted in the documentation however I am curious to know if it is even possible. Will it run on a 64-bit OS of Windows Server 2008? I appreciate any direction.

• 1. Re: FM Server 9 and Windows Server 2008

Lane Mcmullen:

Thank you for posting.

FileMaker Server 9 wasn't tested or certified on Server 2008 or any 64-bit OS and there could be issues running it. It may be best to plan for a potential upgrade. Before you have your new hardware, try installing FileMaker Server 11 on a test machine and hosting your databases. This way, you will be able to easily upgrade your software should you need to. Another possibility is setting up a virtual machine on the new server to run a compatible OS. Since there could be compatibility issues, you may want to consider these alternatives before committing to FileMaker Server 9 on the new machine.

TSuki
          FileMaker, Inc.