1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2012 8:28 AM by GuillermoPerez

FM12 Linked Server

GuillermoPerez

Title

FM12 Linked Server

Your post

Hello masters of FM

I have a little problem.  We have one FM server v.9 and SQL Server 2005, and we have successfuly added the FM server to SQL via Linked Server feature, and it works fine.

Now, we have installed a new version of FM (12), and the old driver (sequelink) does not work with this, and the new driver (a home driver) is well configured on the ODBC, and it works fine when calling from a regular vbscript (for example)... BUT when trying to create a Linked Server from SQL to FM, it fails... I have tried so many times and so many ways, that I dont see anything else...

DOES ANYBODY HERE, KNOWS HOW TO SUCCESSFULY CONFIGURE THE FM SERVER AS A LINKED SERVER IN SQL 2005??? Thanks a lot!!! 

• 1. Re: FM12 Linked Server
          GuillermoPerez

Ok... I found how to do it BUT HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!... the steps are:

a) Create the system ODBC connection (in this case called filemaker)
               b) Create the linked server using the provider OLE DB for ODBC Drivers
               c) Assign your username and password

(check the image attached)

THE PROBLEM... angry

For some reason, if you test the Linked Server connection, it says: "success!", but it's unable to get the DATABASE_SCHEMA, and as consecuence, it's unable to execute any sql query against the database... the erro while getting the schema is:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
               ------------------------------

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

The OLE DB provider "SQL Server" for linked server "(null)" reported an error. One or more arguments were reported invalid by the provider.
               Cannot obtain the schema rowset "DBSCHEMA_CATALOGS" for OLE DB provider "SQL Server" for linked server "(null)". The provider supports the interface, but returns a failure code when it is used. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7399)

------------------------------

Please filemaker administrators, we need solutions!!!!!!!! HEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!