4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2013 12:07 PM by RobertRissler

FM12 Pro Advanced finds Remote Server but displays no available files

RobertRissler

Title

FM12 Pro Advanced finds Remote Server but displays no available files

Your post

My company recently purchased Filemaker Server 12 Advanced and have installed it on a Windows Server 2008 Standard server.  The application installed fine and we were able to successfully tie it into active directory.  We have also succeeded in uploading several filemaker databases to the server.  The server reports that those files are Open and ready to go.

My problem is when I try and connect to the server to work with the databases.  When I open my copy of Filemaker Pro 12 Advanced, I choose the Open Remote command.  After a second or two I see "Open Remote File" dialog box and our server (Name and IP address) is automatically listed under Hosts.  After clicking on the Server though, no files are listed.

I've tried typing in the filename manually (with the fmnet:/ portion already being filled out for me) and get an error that states "The file "xxx xxx.fmp12" could not be opened.  Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host."

I've read some other posts in the forum regarding the server.pem file but I'm unsure of what to do with that file and whether or not it'll make a difference anyway.  Currenly nothing is setup to use SSL.  We have two machines running the client software and both are having the same issue.  Both are using the same version of FM Pro 12 Advanced as well.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Server Version: 12.0.3.327 Advanced
           Windows Server 2008 Standard (32-bit)

Client Version: 12.0v3 (10-09-2012)
           Windows 7 Pro (32-bit)

1-23-2013_4-50-40_PM.png