2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 12:20 PM by PhilipJones

FM13 Server Problems

JZombie

Title

FM13 Server Problems

Your post

These are emails that I received from our clients that have problems with FileMaker 13 Server Advanced.

"I am having some issues with the website and I’m not sure if it is on your end or ours. Every letter I type causes the whole screen to grey out and pause for a few seconds. It is also deleting sections that I have typed. I can’t even get beyond the first page. Please let me know if there is a solution. Thank you"

"Are you having issues with your website? Because it's very slow to the point where it's unusable. Can you just send me an order form that I can fill-in? Thank you"

"Hi! I couldn't log in to your website, it says something about my browser is too old. Can you help?"

"Hi, Please see the attached order. I was having trouble entering it in your website. Can you send me a confirmation that you received this order? Thanks"

These are just some of the emails that we received from our frustrated clients. My boss is really worried and furious about what's happening. We went live this weekend and 2 days later we received a lot of customer complaints about WebDirect. We have a T-1 line and our website only has 2 small picture logos. And we didn't have speed problem with FMS 12 before. So my question is:

Will FileMaker make an update to resolve this performance issues? Especially the constant refreshing every time you type something?

• 1. Re: FM13 Server Problems
          jshels_1

We continue to have the same speed issues here.

We've even gone so far as to rebuild our database from scratch using one of the basic FM 13 templates thinking that there may be some CSS or other info that didn't convert very well and was slowing down the system but this has not really helped much.

I know that turning off auto-save can make things faster but this would require us to totally redo the way our databases work and the popups asking to save are quite annoying and unprofessional.

Hoping for an official fix from FM soon for this.

• 2. Re: FM13 Server Problems
            PhilipJones

I have also seen the "greying" out of the screen. I believe this is when scripts/triggers are being run, calculated fields are being updated, or conditional formatting is being done. Do you have a lot of scripts?

Have you tried making a vanilla db with only a few, non-scripted/triggered fields and seeing if the problem still occurs?

I hope this is something that will improve as the technology evolves.