4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2009 7:02 AM by krempch

FM9 release 9.0.2.151 - upload database question

krempch

Title

FM9 release 9.0.2.151 - upload database question

Your post

I added a new database - it is a cloned (no records) copy of our production DB.

The extended privs are set for FMAPP in all the priv sets. FM Network sharing is enabled.

If I open the locally on a workstation, That workstation shows up in the 'open remote host' dialog, left pane.

If I upload same database to the server, it loads successfully and I get the 'green dot'. Problem is, it will NOT show the checkmarks for the FMapp (FMPro) or IWP (PHP) settings.

Database appears to be fully functional - I can add records, do exports and do imports. I would like to understand why it will not display the checkmarks before I allow clients to use it, as the data in it will eventyually be imported into our Production, and I do not want to damage that database with a 'DUH' later on.

Thanks for any insights.  

• 1. Re: FM9 release 9.0.2.151 - upload database question
          rmanook

Hey krempch,

Thanks for posting.

Is the case that FMPRO and the IWP are the only columns not showing checkmarks but the other columns do show checkmarks or is it a case that none of the columns will show them?

After uploading a database, wait a few seconds and try clicking on the 'Refresh' option.  You can also go to one screen and switch back to the Database screen.  Also, verify that all active accounts in your database have these privilege sets checked.

Let me know how it works out,

Thanks

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FM9 release 9.0.2.151 - upload database question
            krempch

I clicked the REFRESH button and it set what was needed.

Some background on the other items you asked:]

Only FM and IWP were supposed to be checked, none of the rest.

The permissions were set for just those two extended privs in each of
               our priv sets.

Related question - when I originally cloned this DB, I was running it locally
            on my desktop. My desktop would show up in the 'Open Remote Hosts' dialog
            when other DBs I've never shared on the server would not. My assumption is there's a setting for this, too. If you can comment on that, would also help me understand what I'm working with (I inherited it).

Thanks.

• 3. Re: FM9 release 9.0.2.151 - upload database question
              rmanook

Hey krempch,

If you're hosting a database via FMP or FMS, then the host machine's IP address will appear in the Open Remote dialog box for any FMP app on the internal network to see (without physically adding the IP).

I'm assuming that when you reference that you ran the database locally on your desktop, you are referring to a client machine with FileMaker Pro as the host.  In FMP, if you choose to share a file via File > Sharing > FileMaker Network... then the local machine will appear in the Open Remote dialog box.

Hope this helps.

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: FM9 release 9.0.2.151 - upload database question
                krempch

Hi ts_turtle:

The database will show up (with the local host (FM Pro) machine name if I share the database. What puzzles me is if i "unshare' it, the database name goes away, but the machine name does not as long as I have that 'unshared' database open on that machine.

Just a point of puzzlement, it is. Curious if there might have been an issue when the backup was created (like it didn't close gracefully?) or if there's
                a 'gotcha' waiting for me later on that this curios display may be trying to
                warn me about ahead of time.

Thanks.