3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 12:24 PM by TSGal

FM9 Server with Later Clients

dekade

Title

FM9 Server with Later Clients

Your post

Can FM PRO 10 Advanced and FM Pro 10 be used through the FM 9 server without any loss of new FM10 features? How do you think the same question will be answered when later versions of FM clients become available?

• 1. Re: FM9 Server with Later Clients
          mrvodka

Client specific functions will be okay. Anything executed by the server such as new functions called in a server side script will not be compatible.

• 2. Re: FM9 Server with Later Clients
            dekade

Is there such a thing as a list of those new functions called in a server side script? What is an example of a function called in a server side script? I'm foggy on what you are saying there.

By the way sorry about the double post. I see now that you moderators oversee all forums at the same time. I did not visualize it that way; thus did a double post.

• 3. Re: FM9 Server with Later Clients
              TSGal

dekade:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Server has the ability to run a FileMaker script.  However, there are several script steps that cannot execute.

When editing a script, in the bottom left corner, there is a pop-up below "Show Compatibility".  Change the pop-up from "Client" to "Server", and the listing of script steps will display differently.  The grayed out script steps are not available for a server-side script.

If you need additional clarification, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.