AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMP 13 Custom Homepage for Logout/Timeout

Question asked by Mac89 on Jan 6, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2015 by durniak

Title

FMP 13 Custom Homepage for Logout/Timeout

Your post

The below FMP WebDirect Guide excerpt provides details on how to create a custom non-FMP branded page that will appear when a user logs out or their session times out. Seems straightforward but alas no luck. I swapped out the fmwebd_home.html with a custom page and kept the name the same as directed in the guide. However, the custom page never loads and my users keep getting hit with the FMP logos which is confusing to them and destroys the branded experience.

I'm running Mac OS 10.8.5 with FMP Server 13.0.1.

Anyone else having an issue with this or found a workaround?

Thanks in advance,

From page 27 of the FMP 13 WebDirect Guide:

Chapter 3 |
     Publishing a FileMaker WebDirect solution 27
     Using a custom homepage
     To replace the default Database Homepage, place an HTML file named fmwebd_home.html in the HTTPServer/conf folder where FileMaker Server is installed (Windows) or in the /Library/FileMakerServer/HTTPServer/htdocs folder (OS X). Web users are returned to this page when they log out of a session or the session times out.

You can use the fmwebd_home.html file that is on the disk image as a basis for your custom homepage. Be sure to make a copy of the original file before modifying it. Or you can create your own homepage, such as one that redirects web users to another page on your website.

If there is no file named fmwebd_home.html in the conf folder (Windows) or the htdocs folder (OS X), FileMaker WebDirect uses the default Database Homepage.

To prevent a custom homepage from loading into the FileMaker WebDirect layout frame when a user logs out via a script or when a session times out, add the following JavaScript to the head section of the fmwebd_home.html file:
     if (window != window.top) top.location = "/fmi/webd/#";

You can set top.location to the home URL or any other URL

Outcomes