4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 1:10 PM by KeithWarren

FMP Server Advanced on Mac OS X Server 10.8.x

KeithWarren

Title

FMP Server Advanced on Mac OS X Server 10.8.x

Your post

I"m running the latest version of Mac OS X Server, and just installed FMP Server Advanced 12. The admin console won't launch. I've searched the forums but don't see this addressed. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: FMP Server Advanced on Mac OS X Server 10.8.x

Keith Warren:

Thank you for the post.

I am able to successfully launch Filemaker Server 12.0v4 Advanced's Admin Console without issue on Mac OS X Server 10.8.4. 

Since the FileMaker Server Admin Console is a Java applet, what version of Java is currently installed? 

The recommendation would be to use the most current version of Java 7. When Java 7 is installed on your machine, FileMaker Server 12 Advanced will use Java 7 for the Admin Console:

FileMaker Server 12, FileMaker Server 12 Advanced and Java

How far do you get in the process of trying to launch the Admin Console? When you visit http://<serverIP>>:16000 are you able to access the FileMaker Server start page?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMP Server Advanced on Mac OS X Server 10.8.x
            KeithWarren

The splash screen opens but the admin console never starts. Clicking the link doesn't work either.

I ran the Java 7 Update 24 updater before installing, but when I go to the terminal and type java -version it shows 1.7.0.17-b02. 

• 3. Re: FMP Server Advanced on Mac OS X Server 10.8.x

Keith Warren:

Thank you for the reply.

Do you see any indication that a Java applet is being downloaded? In Safari, choose View > Show Downloads. Do you see any .jnlp files? If so, can you double-click to launch the applet?

Visit the following link to check to see if Java is working:

How do I test whether Java is working on my computer?

Have you tried another web browser to see if the results are the same?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FMP Server Advanced on Mac OS X Server 10.8.x
                KeithWarren

Ah. That's interesting. Safari and Firefox were set to allow Javascript, however, the Mac System Preferences for security were set to only allow downloads from Mac App Store and identified developers. Changing that to allow downloads from anywhere allowed the applet to run. 

That would be a good item to put in the Getting Started documentation :-)

Thanks so much for your help!!