3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 12:28 PM by TSGal

FMS 10 - Stopping Scheduled Process

MikeyG79

Title

FMS 10 - Stopping Scheduled Process

Your post

Is there any way to stop a running schedule without stopping the server?

• 1. Re: FMS 10 - Stopping Scheduled Process
          TSGal

MikeyG79:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

No, there is not a way to stop a running schedule.

In the few tests I have performed, when I try to stop the server, it won't let me stop until the schedule has completed.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FMS 10 - Stopping Scheduled Process
            philmodjunk

That explains the bug we've explored in another thread where a scheduled back up "hangs". I had to use the services control panel try to stop the service, got an error message, restarted the server and then waited several minutes while Server ran consistancy checks on all the open files--praying that none had been corrupted by the restart.

It would a really good idea if Filemaker issued a patch for server that permitted a safe interruption of a running schedule. We are risking file corruption when the above bug occurs.

• 3. Re: FMS 10 - Stopping Scheduled Process
              TSGal

All:

If you are not running a backup script and the server script seems to be hung, try issuing the line command:

fmsadmin close

This should close the database files.  This will close the files safely so you can reboot.

With a backup script, I don't have a complete answer, but issuing "fmsadmin close" does not not appear to work, as it appears that all files are locked until the script completes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.