AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMS 10 Adv - Windows Server 2008 - Logins fail every few days

Question asked by klawiter on Feb 8, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2010 by MarkCarollo

Title

FMS 10 Adv - Windows Server 2008 - Logins fail every few days

Your post

I have a new installation of FMS 10.2.2.206 Advanced on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise running in a VM and have trouble every few days where nobody is able to login to any file until the FileMaker Service is killed and restarted.

The installation is a full install with WPE using IIS on the same server.  Everything seems fine for a few days and then the login failures occur on all files.   The pattern has repeated several times over the last couple of weeks.  I am able to connect via the console application and shut down the WPE but the database server will not shutdown, even trying to stop the service via the Services control panel.  I have to kill three services via task manager to get it stopped.  (fmserver.exe, fmservicewrapper.exe and fmshelper.exe) After restarting the FileMaker Service, everything comes back normal.

When in the error condition, I receive the following email notification every hour:

FileMaker Server 10.0.2.206 on ALFM1 reported the following event:

Mon Feb 08 16:48:58 EST 2010 FMS ERROR wpe1

Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING.

I first thought it was related to having WPE running without a file being open but having a file open via WPE has not made any difference.   I have all (all two that is) files in a directory at the root of the server  (C:\Databases) and no files in the default Data directory of the FMSever program tree.  

I hope I might have supplied enough information to make some sense out this trouble.  As is, the server certainly can not go into production.

Thanks for your time.

Outcomes