1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 24, 2009 2:43 PM by etripoli

FMS 10 does not seem to be accepting connections from FMPro 9 or 8.5

ijontichy

Title

FMS 10 does not seem to be accepting connections from FMPro 9 or 8.5

Your post

Okay.    FMS 10v2 installed on a Mac Mini.   I can log onto it using FMpro (Advanced) 10 from my laptop on the same subnet.    My friend in Los Angeles, using FM 7.5 can log on remotely.

But my co-office workers on FM 9 (or pro 9) or FMpro 8.5 do not see the databases.

They get the "[NAME OF DATABASE]" could not be opened.   Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host." message.

We are on separate Vlans, but I've logged on from either (physically moved the lap top and tested it.)    When I close FMP10 advanced,  and open up fmp9 advanced...suddenly, I too am locked out.

So there's something happening between the versions and yet 7.5 gets in from outside, no problem.

Could there be port issues beyond those of 5003 and 16000 16001 that need to be open on the network or to the outside?

Lost the better part of a day trying to get this to work.    I've turned to this forum before for excellent advice so I raise my hands and hope.

Thanks.

Ed Marsh