7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 12:50 PM by TSGal

FMS 10 Scheduled Script cannot handle External File References

239steve

Title

FMS 10 Scheduled Script cannot handle External File References

Your post

FileMaker Server 10.0.0.206

Windows server2003 Version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790

When scheduling a script to run daily the import records, script step, doesn't work. It does work on any client machine. I receive error 802, (cannot open file). 
      The file is an AS-400 data base. We use ODBC to access the file and it works great except when running the script as a scheduled script on FMPServer-10. The proper ODBC connection is set up on the server.  The same script works fine on client machines.

Error: Schedule "Run Clearance Update" scripting error (802) at "Clearance : Refresh Data : Import Records 

Is there anything I can do to make this work? 

I actually have several scripts, similar to this, that I want to schedule to run.

Steve 

• 1. Re: FMS 10 Scheduled Script cannot handle External File References
          philmodjunk

This is a known issue and there's a knowledge base article on the subject: Click Here

The work around is to set up a client side "robot file" to trigger the import script. You can even use your OS to schedule when this bot file does its thing.

• 2. Re: FMS 10 Scheduled Script cannot handle External File References
            MartinBrändle
               Hmm. This KB article states that "In addition, importing/exporting to a ODBC data source is supported."
            • 3. Re: FMS 10 Scheduled Script cannot handle External File References
              239steve

PhilModJunk,

I couldn't find anything in the knowledge base article which applied to importing AS-400 data files via ODBC. all it says is "In addition, importing/exporting to a ODBC data source is supported." followed by Important:... about other FileMaker files.   

In addition, the server shuts down, for a period of time, every night. This disconnect any clients who may be connected. This may prevent creating a robot which may work. I will look into it. Thanks for your help.

Steve 

PS. I just tested a robot which seems to work. I will know when I come into the office tomorrow.  I run it from my PC, since I leave it on at night. 

I created a FMPro file which runs the remote script upon opening. It is timed, by my PC's scheduler, to run in the morning. If this works, I will do it with other files as well. I may set it up to run on one of our servers so if I am not here and my computer is off, it will run.

Steve 

• 4. Re: FMS 10 Scheduled Script cannot handle External File References
                239steve

The scheduled tasks seem to run on my computer. However, they do not run on the server. 

Log from my computer. 

"FileMaker Pro Advanced.job" (Auto Open Scripts.fp7)

Started 9/25/2009 7:02:00 AM

Finished 9/25/2009 7:02:19 AM

Result: The task completed with an exit code of (0).. 

Log from the server.

"update_FMP_files.job" (Auto Open Scripts.fp7)

Started 9/25/2009 12:14:49 PM

"update_FMP_files.job" (Auto Open Scripts.fp7)

Finished 9/25/2009 12:14:49 PM

Result: The task completed with an exit code of (1) 

The difference is the exit code. I haven't found anything on it yet. Still looking. I also get the following sometimes with a different exit code.

Started 9/25/2009 11:56:10 AM

Finished 9/25/2009 11:56:12 AM

Result: The task completed with an exit code of (ffffffff). 

At least I have a work-a-round. 

This server has w2K sp4. That could be the issue.

Steve 

• 6. Re: FMS 10 Scheduled Script cannot handle External File References
                  elizas
                  To check whether a script step is compatible or not and after schedule that script in FileMaker Server using the below
                  mentioned way:

1. In Edit Script window, select Server from the Show compatibility option. Dimmed script steps are not compatible.
                  Based on this you can write specific piece of code as per your requirement and host the same in FileMaker Server.

2. If by mistake any script step was left that are not supported, then it will halt the script execution. For avoid this need to turn Off the Allow User Abort script step at the top of that script.

3. In FileMaker Server click on Create a FileMaker script schedule for each new schedule against Schedules
                  Hope this tip would be helpful

Eliza
                  • 7. Re: FMS 10 Scheduled Script cannot handle External File References
                    TSGal

elizas:

I sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) last week.  Please read it.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.