1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2010 1:52 AM by GTA_doum

FMS 11 and external server accounts

GTA_doum

Title

FMS 11 and external server accounts

Your post

Hello,

I have a MacMini server with FMS11.  I want to use the external server accounts for security login.  This MacMini connect through LDAP to our main Mac OS X server to get the list of users (Configured through Users, Options, Network account server).

FileMaker server does not read the users list.  How can I make it work ?

I tested by installing FMS onto the main server, and login with external accounts works great !  It is configured the same way under Users, Options, Network account server, except the server is Local Server instead of the domain name (for the MacMini).  Domain name points to the server through internet, and there is a green dot.  If I open the Users Directory from the MacMini, I see the users from the LDAP server.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: FMS 11 and external server accounts
          GTA_doum

Here is what I did to fix it !

OpenDirectory has to be setup with its own utility from Admin Server utilities.  So I removed the main server from the Network Account server under Account of System Preferences.  Then I clicked the button to configure OpenDirectory server under OpenDirectory section of Admin Server utility.  I chose to configure the MacMini server as a replica, works like a charm !

FileMaker server now reads the user list from the OpenDirectory of the MacMini.